Archive for the ‘release’ tag
The team is pleased to announce MarkUs 1.0-alpha! This release is tagged as « alpha » in order to allow for further testing and feedback, and all input is welcome. This release may be used in production.
MarkUs 1.0-alpha contains many fixes and some features:
- We are now using Rails 3.0
- We fully support for Ruby 1.9.x
- Changed PDF conversion to Ghostscript for faster conversion
- We introduced a new REST API
- Users now have the ability to import/export assignments settings
- Improvements have been made to section management
- Tests no longer use fixtures
For a list of all fixed issues, refer to: https://github.com/MarkUsProject/Markus/issues?milestone=8&state=closed Furthermore, the change log can be found at: https://github.com/MarkUsProject/Markus/blob/master/Changelog.
Go to http://www.markusproject.org to download it!
We suggest not updating from previous instances, as due to the significant number of changes introduced to the application, data loss is possible.
Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible. Keep up the good work!
The team is pleased to announce MarkUs 0.10.1!
MarkUs 0.10.1 fixes a nasty little bug that prevents students from viewing uploaded files when running the french translation.
If you’re running 0.10.0 and want to patch up – download the patch here (you’ll want to apply sequentially). It’s short, sweet, and shouldn’t require any special configuration. All wins.
Great job team – keep up the good work!
At long last, the MarkUs team is proud to announce the release of 0.10.0!
It’s been quite a few months since our last major release, and a lot has gotten done. Here are some highlights:
- Instructors can now allow students to submit remark requests
- Instructors can now assume the role of a user with lesser privileges
- Students now have UI for accessing their test results
- A shiny new REST API for adding new users
- Server time is now displayed in the file manager view for students
- Fixed the detailed CSV download for the Flexible Marking scheme
- Easier gem management with Bundler
- Plus much much more! See the CHANGELOG for more details.
The team has worked incredibly hard on this release – so a big thumbs up to all of the contributors for this release! Great work!
Ready to take MarkUs 0.10.0 for a spin? Get it while it’s hot!
The MarkUs team is proud to announce MarkUs 0.9.2!
What happened to 0.9.1, you ask? Don’t worry, it’s tucked inside the 0.9.2 release. I suppose we’re a bit like the Google Chrome team: we get excited about version numbers.
You can patch up your 0.9.x release with the patches available here.
Here’s a list of all the stuff we fixed:
Changes for MarkUs 0.9.1:
- Submission collection problem due to erroneous eager loading expression
Changes for MarkUs 0.9.2:
- Issue #180: Infinite redirect loop caused by duplicate group records in the database in turn possibly caused by races in a multi-mongrels-setup.
- Issue #158: Default for Students page shows all Students, and bulk actions renamed.
- Issue #143: Fixing penalty calculation for PenaltyPeriodSubmissionRule.
- Issue #129: Uploaded criteria ordering preserved for flexible and rubric criteria
- Issues #34, #133: Don’t use i18n for MarkusLogger and ensure_config_helper.rb
- Issue #693: Fixing confirm dialog for cloning groups
- Issue #691: Adding Grace Credits using the bulk actions gets stuck in “processing”
- Fixed INSTALL file due to switch to Github
- I18n fixes
Wow, what a great semester! The team worked really hard, and should be very proud of themselves. Besides all of the fixed bugs and the newly written tests, the MarkUs team cranked out the following new features:
- A more stable, polished, and usable notes system. Notes can now be applied to students, groups, and assignment submissions
- An alternative, “flexible” marking scheme type that allows graders to input arbitrary numerical grades, as opposed to the more strict rubric marking scheme
- A new marks spreadsheet feature that allows instructors and graders to input grades from assignments, quizzes, or tests, in an Excel-like web-based spreadsheet. Grades can also be uploaded and downloaded via CSV file
- The table of student submissions can now be bookmarked, and the back-button works correctly
- Lots of bugfixes and usability fixes.
So what are you waiting for? Get MarkUs 0.7.0 right now!
The MarkUs Team is proud to introduce 0.6.3!
Changes for MarkUs 0.6.3:
- Added rake task to automatically regenerate svn_authz in the event of corruption (rake markus:generate_svn_authz)
- MarkUs now ensures student read/write permissions on repositories after cloning groups
We’re on the final stretch, and MarkUs 0.7 is looking to be pretty awesome! Keep your eyes peeled!
The MarkUs team is pleased to present version 0.6.2! Fantastic job everyone!
- For now, students who work alone do not have their repositories named after them
- “Allow Web Submits?” in Assignment Properties page defaults to REPOSITORY_EXTERNAL_SUBMITS_ONLY setting now
- Annotation Category dropdowns no longer close prematurely on mouseover-ing a tooltip
- Added “Reset Mark” capability to grader view