Archive for the ‘meeting minutes’ tag
The IRC log for this meeting can be found here.
- Finished phase 2 of the new Noteables
- Can now create notes on Students and Assignments from the new notes page
- Robert is currently refactoring a few of the new tests so they are less repetitive
- Robert will be adding New Note Dialog links to the student and assignment pages
- Met up with Mike on Tuesday and came up with the following list of tasks:
- Rename ajax_pagination helper to just pagination helper
- Test pagination_helper
- Test S_TABLE_PARAMS
- Migrate submissions_controller_test
- Test that the browse method returns groupings
- Joseph has already got 1 and 4 on Review Board
- Farah finished implementing the ability to release/unreleased the marks for grade entry forms
- Finished unit tests for releasing the marks and the student interface
- Farah will be working on the functional tests next, then on the CSV upload/download
- Working with performance lag of Machinist
- Working with ResultControllerTest – takes several minutes to run using Machinist (one set)
- Last week Mike told Bryan about FactoryDataPreloader – Bryan tried it and uploaded his first version on Thursday
- Robert and Joseph pointed out that the FactoryDataPreloader was similar to fixtures so Bryan uploaded a new version Thursday evening.
- How to get FactoryDataPreloader to be used in conjunction with Machinist elegantly will require further discussion
- Uploaded user stories for the feature that assigns graders to a criteria
- Uploaded modified version of flexible scheme – will be uploading another version Friday evening
- Will be refactoring the database schema
- Will be working with Bryan to build prototype for the new database
- Fixed things that were discussed on Review Board
- MarkUs is deployed at Centrale Nantes
- Will be updating documentation with Benjamin
- Didn’t do LDAP configuration yet
- May be good idea to include a “Provide Feedback” link on MarkUs that would lead to a central site where we can collect usability feedback on.
- MarkUs blog very developer oriented – we’re missing documentation and news for users and system administrators (e.g., new features implemented in the new release).
- There’s a question about refactoring the FlexibleCriteria treatment to avoid if “rubric”/else statements. Karen suggests that, since it’s a relatively complicated question, it be deferred to the end of the meeting
- Uploaded some new screenshots to ReviewBoard to display FlexibleCriteria functionality
- For FlexibleCriteria, a valid mark x is a float/integer where 0<=x<=max
- Victoria should play with the new FlexibleCriteria interface when it’s added to ReviewBoard, to give her input
- Karen thanks Bryan for his help with the dropdown problem experienced at UWaterloo
- Has been writing tests for FlexibleCriteria – ran into a problem with lots of repeated code
- Found an elegant solution to the above problem after posting a question on StackOverflow
- Will work on mapping TAs to marking scheme elements after finishing FlexibleCriteria
- Mike notes that, realistically speaking, work on mapping TAs to marking scheme elements will probably not get too far before term ends – should focus on foundation work and documentation for next developers to work on it
- Karen will get the specs for mapping TAs to marking scheme elements to Bryan sometime this weekend
- The student interface for the GradeEntryForms is in pretty good shape now
- Just needs to add ability to release/unrelease marks, CSV upload/download, and tests
- Mike and Karen want a sneak preview so they can try it out
- Has put up a review request to switch submissions table from AJAX to server-side paginate
- Did some review requests, and wrote a blog post
- Next steps include testing, cleaning up the code to take advantage of will_paginate, possibly moving GradeEntryForm to server-side paginate, and getting the detailed submissions table view working again
- Mike notes that the old functions for the detailed table should still exist, and that getting it going again should (hopefully) not be too hard
- Is putting test conversion to Shoulda off to one-side – taking longer than expected (has to rewrite many tests from scratch), and wants to focus on Notables instead
- Mike notes that it’d be a good general rule of thumb to avoid writing any new tests with Fixtures, but that converting old tests from Fixtures is a task that can be put off for a little while
- Checks to ensure that everybody got their midterm report up on UCOSP blog
- Thanks to everybody who helped out with UWaterloo bugs this week!
- Classes at UofT end on April 1st. End on April 5th for UWaterloo, and April 16 for SFU.
- Karen expects 4 more weeks of work from each team member, but is happy to see it stretch into April if needs be (marks will be sent to schools by end of April)
- Soft end-date for work is April 1st. Brian Xu, Bryan Shen, and Robert Burke might continue working.
- Byron (UWaterloo) is coming to UofT on April 9th to discuss MarkUs plans – all are invited to attend
Brian Xu’s Database Question
- Original proposals for FlexibleCriteria from Laval students
- Brian explains the current situation: In its current implementation, a method “get_criteria” has been added to Assignment model to retrieve collection of criteria (either Flexible or Rubric)
- Mike thinks it’d be a good idea to try to merge Flexible and Rubric tables into a single Criteria table, and then use Single Table Inheritance to let Assignments / Grader View / View Marks views be ignorant of which marking scheme is being used
- We are unable to find a scenario which breaks this model
- The design plan is approved – but delayed until the summer. Brian Xu / Bryan Shen will continue developing so as to only support Rubric and Flexible Criteria. Refactoring will happen afterwards.