- Worked on bug #337
- Started making locale messages for the logger
- Mock-up for the modal dialog of the notes system
- Request review of code for the notes model
- Implement the modal dialog
- Log more information
- Lack of time
- Looked into Foreigner and created a blog post on my findings
- Resolved the issues I was having with the grade entry creation form! An instructor can now add as many questions as desired and can edit the question names/totals or remove them too.
- The creation form is now done except for a minor UI issue related to the size and maxlength attributes of some of the text fields and I am getting help from Mike and Severin on this
- Decided to work on incorporating the grade entry forms into the drop-down menu and Assignments page and creating the instructor’s Properties view before working on the tests (completeness: 70%)
- Finish incorporating grade entry forms into the menu / Assignments page
- Work on tests for creating grade entry forms and editing them too (so far, I’ve done manual tests)
- Table view for instructors
- None this week
- Reviewing mountains and mountains of code
- Keep chugging through all of this code
- Just time.
- Fixed assignment test (MySQL issue; 100% complete)
- Finished a quite large merge (100% complete)
- Closed ticket 424 (Tests of repo library, was part of the merge; 100% complete)
- Wrote reviews
- Fixed bug described in ticket 468 (syntax highlighting of docstrings; 100% complete)
- Finish the last ticket (Make it configurable per assignment if external commits are allowed only).
- Proceed with automated testing paper (~10% complete)
- I worked on implementing the Flexible criteria interface for instructors (refactoring Rubrics while at it). Tickets #443 — Marking scheme tab, #444 — New marking scheme view and #470 — csv upload for rubrics. The code is rather ready and awaits its “ship it” on the review board. Unfortunately split in 3 review requests 209, 210 and 211.
- I wrote some tests (and corrected some bugs) for the ResultsController. Tickets #400 — Results Functional test is empty and #448 — Determine if ResultsController.create is necessary. Also in the review board: 215.
- Wrote a comment (on Greg’s request) for the About page of the UCOSP blog
- Mingled with factory_girl, but faced some issues with seemingly simple associations and the way repositories are emulated in test environment.
- Try out machinist. See in what it differs from factory_girl and make suggestions on the most appropriate for our context.
- Fully integrate cucumber.
- None this week
- Worked on the ticket #457 Flexible Marking Scheme – develop functional test for rubric_controller.rb
- Worked on the ticket #174 Performance : Index foreign keys – Started a DB schema
- Some SQL commands are applied, with a migrate, in Dev DB but not in Test DB. I can apply those specific SQL command on test DB only via the SQL Editor.
- Looked a bit at the warning in the Assignment properties’ view
- Worked on my other projects.
- Met with Fernando to consult on the notes modal dialog.
- Started working on ticket #471 – Clean up groups controller functional tests (10/17 tests fixed – most just by moving the functionality to the assignments controller test and adjusting how we measure success)
- Finish up ticket #471 so I can check in the fix to #358 (When adding members to a group as an Instructor, we cannot add several students at a time) and #405 (Error in modal dialog when adding student to group)
- Investigate ticket #436 – Grace periods used are not reported anywhere in the UI
- Investigate ticket #361 – Grader View: shoudn’t unmarked rubric be expanded by default?