- set up MarkUs and all reqs on my home machine.
- tested 616: Unable to reproduce on sandbox, but able to reproduce on demo site after running the exact same scenario. I believe this should be closed.
- worked on 342: Have fixed the bug described in “issue description”, but Severin and Tobi want me to change other similar occurrences.
- worked on 586: Have fixed part of the problem and identified the exact line and reason for the main problem, but unable to finish due to my relative inexperience with the code and the hacky technique used. Will look over again and may have to rewrite the function in fault.
- finished 175: Waiting on review. Just realized that this bug does not have a milestone associated with it, so it should not have been my priority.
- first priority is to close off the aforementioned issues assigned to me.
- second priority is to pick out and work through the “highest priority” bugs as posted by Tobi in the blog.
- waiting on Luke Kysow to reply to #586, otherwise I will be working on rewriting the “process_assignment_form” function in the assignments_controller ( may be hard ) to make it more by the book.
- Learn about the new Markus post “How to use git with MarkUs” and RoR tutorial
- Issue#320 is under review
- Investigate issue#402
- Have issue#320 shipped
- Fix issue#402
- Productivity may be affected by an expected intensive workload of other courses in the following week
- Updated the wiki so it has the command to download the mysql-server which was missing. Still need to figure out how to get it on review board.
- I noticed that the “Notes” link wasn’t working anymore on the Grader’s annotation page. So Sean, Aimen and I are working on it. Sean has posted a bug report in issues. It’s issue #620
- I’ve started to work on issue #602 which is a similar issue to #620. It is also a Rails3 issue which is one of the urgent Rails3 issues.
- Read more on Ruby syntax.
- Learn more about the routes.rb file as it could be a major cause of the issue that I’m working on.
- Post my wiki changes on the github wiki.
- Got some problem when I pulled the entire wiki from upstream. So now one of my other branch has the wiki with changes and my master branch has no wiki documents (but I did pull from it).
- Wrote a blog post about git and how we use it in MarkUs
- Bug triaging
- Fixed #428, it went through review and I’ve just made a pull request.
- Minor fixes to locale format, noticed it while working on #428
- Working on #441, reading up on the major changes between Rails2 and 3 along the way.
- Finish off #441
- Hack away at some Rails3 issue
- Carry out some more reviews!
- Sick 🙁
- A midterm next week…already!
Shipped issue #405
Working through RoR tutorial
- Solution proposed for #298 has been okay’ed by lead dev
- Collecting information and gaining understanding of the code base to implement solution for issue #298
Continue on my progress through the RoR tutorial
Continue on my progress with issue #298, get it to review stage by the end of the week
Midterm this coming Thursday, course assignment due Friday, will be a busy week
Finished issue 326 and submitted pull request
Finished issue 611 and submitted pull request
Helped review some of the review requests on RB where I had input
- Took issue 404 which is one of the priority ones listed in the Rails 3 issues post, will work on this
- Some stumbles with Git, mostly with me not keeping pace before submitting a codereview. Lesson learned …
- went through ch4 & ch5 of Ruby on Rails Tutorial
- encountered errors upon pulling commit695464f, found out that this is due to a schema change that can be fixed by running bundle exec rake db:migrate after consulting team members on the IRC channel.
- db:migrate fails, and rake aborted because the wrong version of rake and rails were being used (rake-0.9.2.2 and rails3.2.1, when rake-0.9.2 and rails 3.0.10 were needed)
- somehow local Gemfile.lock had the newer versions of rake and rails specified, deleted local file, replaced with file from github, uninstalled all gems, reinstalled gems using bundle and finally db:migrate worked.
- worked on issue#382: adapting this (http://clearcove.ca/blog/
2009/09/rails-cookie-) cookie detection code for rails 3 detection/
- figure out issue#382
- trying to figure out the cookie detection code. What it should do is attempt to read a cookie file called “cookie_test”. If it’s blank, then it attempts to write it before reading it back. If it’s still blank then cookies are disabled, and it redirects the user to a “please enable cookies” page. Currently it is able to write the cookie file if it is blank, but I cannot figure out how to route to the “please enable cookies page”, which I created in app/views/shared/cookies_required.html.erb
Triaged Rails 3 tbugs that should be fixed first and wrote a blog post
Fixed issue 468 and about to put up a review request
Started issue 434
Wrote UCOSP blog post about experience at the code sprint
- Closing issue 434
- Fixing some more Rails 3 bugs
- Fixed issue 386, which is related to Internationalization
- Submitted for Review
- Learnt How to do a Pull Request for a fixed issue
- Working on an other issue with Jay and Sean, which is related to the broken Notes link on the Grader’s Annotation page. We believe that the issue is caused due to the change from Rails 2 to Rails 3.
- Update Wiki on how to Download MySql GUI on Snow Leopard.
- Started reading through some ruby tutorials, as well as some of the MarkUs code.
- Picked up issue (#617).
- Had a Google-Hangout meeting with Jay and Aimen to work through some problems and ideas. We found one new issue, wich i posted.
- Work through issue (#617), get it up on Review Board, get it shipped!
- Find more issues to work on, possibly working in cooperation with others.
- Learn more, read more code.
- None at this time.