Whoops – we’ve already started off a brand new semester, and we forgot to write about what happened in the Fall!
So, without further delay, here’s what happened with the UCOSP team last semester for MarkUs:
Projects that we started…
There were 3 main projects last semester. In no particular order, they were…
Vivien and Misa were tasked with implementing a re-mark request feature. This feature would allow students to request re-marks, and have graders / instructors issue re-marks, all within MarkUs.
Hora and Kurtis were asked to put some graphs into the MarkUs dashboard to display mark distributions and other useful data.
Automated Testing Framework
Evan was put to work tackling the long-awaited automated testing framework feature. The idea is that students (and graders) should be able to run submitted code through a series of testing suites, and get the test results back, all within MarkUs.
What got finished…
Misa and Vivien put together some great mock-ups for the Remark request GUI, sorted out a new database schema to support it, and wrote the majority of the code to get the feature working. There are still some leftover bits that still need to be merged, and Misa / Vivien will be finishing up that work in the next few weeks.
When he wasn’t helping us with user and developer support, Evan was kicking butt on the automated testing framework, and he got a lot done – especially with regards to the token system, which allows instructors to control how many times a student can run tests. There is still some work to do before the automated testing framework can be considered finished, and will likely be pushed at again this semester.
What’s left to do…
So, for the re-mark requests and dashboard statistics, we need to do some last minute merging and polish. For automated testing, we’re definitely going to need another round of focused development.
Anyhow, that’s where we got to.
Great job everyone!