Archive for April, 2014
Look at other possible bugs we could fix in 1 week. Prepare for our final presentation for the class.
Completed the wiki page for the help system, which describes the details about how to add new help boxes and embedded documentation to new pages.
We worked on issue #1412. We still need to figure out whether the link is what we want for every users (admin, TA and students).
Worked on issue #1412. Fixed the url generated for links in the assignment drop down menu. The links are now directing the user to the appropriate page. Will create pull request once testing is completed. Worked with Alex on the Wiki page.
Working with Zach and Tiago on the git back-end. I got stuck on a bug with Rugged and ruby… maybe I’ll need to reinstal it and update my ruby to a newer version. Going to work on that during the weekend.
Upgraded ruby from 1.9 to 2.0. Created commit for time-based functions (which are still under consideration for their implementation).
We’ll start working on the wiki page for Help System and start working on issue # 1412
Continued working on the help system with Chris and Ope. Finished up the majority of the pages with placeholder text.
We finish the help system structure and textboxes. We will send the screenshot by the meeting on Friday.
Worked on finishing the help system structure. Worked on screenshots to be provided to Karen (Target: Friday).
This Week: Rafael, Tiago, and myself started an active discussion on the git backend. I implemented some of the time-based functions for review.
Roadblocks: Ruby. I have had to upgrade my ruby version as 1.9.2 was causing error sometimes.
Next Week: Get ready for my UCOSP presentation and resolve the ruby issues
Started working with Zach and Tiago on the gitbackend. Installed everything and now studying the svn code and the rugged and gitolite libs.
This Week: Started staging my commit for a clean pull request
-Finished issue #1402
-Finished tagging system specs
– work on the help system on several pages and style. We decide that we will use 2 style of help text box depending on the pages. Finished 5 pages.
– continue working on the help system on other pages.
-continued work on the help system
-implemented the ability to add both tooltips and larger big boxes for embedded documentation
– worked on help-system
– change the style of the help textbox and add 2 styles of boxes (large box on the right and tooltip boxes)
– add another style of help icon for title.
– Worked with Alex and Chris on new designs for the Help system
– Fixed a minor bug on the help system implementation on the Assignment page that caused the help messages to be rendered incorrectly on other pages using the same form, besides ‘Add Assignment’. Help system implementation now moved to form level for this content.
This Week: Started studying gitbackend code, solved issues 1324 and 1388
Here are some of the latest screen shots from the help system. We have implemented both tool tip boxes that will show up next to specific fields and also larger boxes that can be displayed below a title or in open space on the page. We have also changed the color of the box. We are going through the individual pages and deciding where tool tips and larger boxes are needed. Any feedback would be great, also if you have a suggestion where embedded documentation is needed and whether a large box with a summary of how something works or a short tool tip is better, let us know.
This page is using the larger box on the right hand side. This box will enlarged based on the amount of text it contains.
This page is using both larger box and tool tip boxes.
Rafael S. Padilha:
I started to search and read about the git backend.
I’ll continue to study/understand the git backend and I’ll begin to work with Zach and Tiago on it.
Was able to implement a walker such that it can find commits based on time as well as files based on time.
Integrating it such that it can be tested from a test file.
Make up for the week I missed due to final assignments.
About finished functional spec for tagging.
Wrap up and finish spec.
Gillian & David:
Try to finish figuring out exactly what is going on in issue 1404 and make a fix for it.
Continued work on #1402. Worked with Andrew and Sheng on finishing the functional specs for the tagging system.
Put the final touches on for the functional specs with Andrew and Sheng before our semester ends.
Finish some pull requests unfinisheds
I updated my svn but shared libraries were not updated. I had to revert the instalation of svn.