Archive for September, 2013
The team is pleased to announce MarkUs 1.0-alpha! This release is tagged as « alpha » in order to allow for further testing and feedback, and all input is welcome. This release may be used in production.
MarkUs 1.0-alpha contains many fixes and some features:
- We are now using Rails 3.0
- We fully support for Ruby 1.9.x
- Changed PDF conversion to Ghostscript for faster conversion
- We introduced a new REST API
- Users now have the ability to import/export assignments settings
- Improvements have been made to section management
- Tests no longer use fixtures
For a list of all fixed issues, refer to: https://github.com/MarkUsProject/Markus/issues?milestone=8&state=closed Furthermore, the change log can be found at: https://github.com/MarkUsProject/Markus/blob/master/Changelog.
Go to http://www.markusproject.org to download it!
We suggest not updating from previous instances, as due to the significant number of changes introduced to the application, data loss is possible.
Thanks to all the contributors who made this release possible. Keep up the good work!