Archive for December, 2010
- finished my last open review, sent the pull request, waiting for that now
- started helping Kurtis with integrating our work together
- finish (hopefully tonight!) integrating the graphs, and put them up for review
- exams 🙁
- Made changes to two of my open Test Framework reviews
- Added test cases and some bug fixes to my yml_upload review
- Edited Benjamin’s Test Framework documentation
- Still a few more things to be done on reviews to finish up
- Git is annoying sometimes
- met with Misa to discuss some ideas
- wrote a blog post about remark summary UI
- submitted remark summary code on review board
- track the review and make changes until ready to ship
- figure out what’s left to do and merge code with Misa
- exams =(
- met with Vivien to discuss some shared code and new method
- request tab is functional now (creates new request and/or updates existing)
- marking status and release state are in sync with old result and new result
- comments are editable and savable for instructor
- request text is editable, savable, and submit-able for student
- once request is submitted, original results are unreleased (student can still cancel request)
- meet again with Vivien to merge codes and figure out any discrepancies
- keep working on tab (thanks Severin for your comments!)
- add remark_timestamp column to the database ‘Submissions’ table
- final exams =(
- Nothing accomplished
- Tomorrow morning I am going to start and finish writing tests for my dashboard review
- Integrate the new dashboard
- Make a screencast demonstrating the new dashboard
- Exams and grad applications
I am currently working on ways to display the mark summary during remarking and after remarks have been completed.
This is what the instructor view currently looks like:
And this is what the student view looks like:
I am having trouble deciding on my own how the summaries should be laid out. In my opinion, the current views seem a bit cluttered and messy, but I haven’t come up with good ways to show this information. The highlighting of the old mark when remarking also seems a bit awkward to me. I am wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions that would make this look better? 🙂
Some ideas I had:
– Separate Remark Summary tab? We wanted to be able to compare old vs new marks on the same page though..
– Collapsable information for old marks? Old mark info would show only if user clicks on or hovers over a button.
Meeting log here
- Email your availability in Toronto time to Karen for December 9/10 as well as December 16/17
- Ping the mailing list if you have any problems!
- More blog posts/documentation on inner workings!
- Goal: finish remark tabs/summaries/views by the end of term
- Misa’s review for submission view is shipped
- Misa is still working on the tabs, and Vivien is working on the summaries
- Both need to be integrated
Dashboard and Graphing
- Goals: Dashboard should be finished by end of term
- Hora to finish the stat caching
- Kurtis to write tests for his review
- Both parts need to be integrated together
- Add graphs
- Goal: Write documentation about the state of the Testing Framework
- Evan updated reviews and fixed bugs this week, need to get rest of reviews shipped
- Fixed the issues that were pointed out in the dashboard review.
- Write tests for the two convenience functions that were added to the assignment model
- Integrate the new dashboard
- Get Hora’s caching integrated and generate some graphs
- All my assignments are due and I begin exams in a few days.
- worked on finishing up my assignment stat caching review
- finish the review, integrate with Kurtis’ work, wrap everything up
- had a lot of trouble writing tests for my review, Evan and Severin are helping me with this (thanks guys)
- redid some of the remark summary code and changed parts around from earlier
- continue/finish implementing remark summaries
- ran into some problems with implementation
- turns out I need to edit some of the same files as Misa
- updated code for the review for submissions table (and shipped!)
- updated code for the review for remark request tab
- continue implementing on the remark request tab
- waiting for feedback on review board – Thank you Mike, Hora, and Severin for your feedback!
The team is pleased to announce MarkUs 0.9.3!
MarkUs 0.9.3 fixes a nasty little bug that prevents students from viewing their test results. If your students have been complaining that they can’t see their test output, well, this is the release for you.
Or, if you’re running 0.9.2 and want to patch up – download the patch here (you’ll want to apply sequentially). It’s short, sweet, and shouldn’t require any special configuration. All wins.
Great job team – keep up the good work!