MarkUs Blog

MarkUs Developers Blog About Their Project

Archive for the ‘Minutes’ Category

MarkUs UCOSP Fall 2011 – Meeting minutes, Oct 26

without comments

  • Meeting started at 3:20 p.m. (EDT) and ended at 4:00 p.m.
  • Each member is to write at least one blog post or make a significant contribution to the user documentation
  • Midterm review comments are due
  • Luke fixed as section due date bug, as well as found a possible bug in the use of a transaction in the “create section” part of the assignment controller
  • Erik worked on the admin group creation process. The current version requires a major reworking of the code, but a partial fix should be up for review later this week
  • Razvan was busy with midterms, and thus was not able to do much
  • Alex fixed the notes bugs and a CSV import routing bug, plans to continue working on more CSV import bugs
  • Severin got a script simulating students activity. Plans to run it on the server to see how it behaves, afterward turning on profiling if things are successful
  • Danesh and Tobi have joined the core Markus team

Written by akrassikov

October 27th, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Posted in Meetings,Minutes

Markus UCOSP 2011 – Meeting minutes, Oct 19

without comments

  • Meeting started at 3:15 p.m. (EDT) and ended at 4:00 p.m.
  • Luke has just finished resolving issues related to creating assignments. Continuing on to work on general bugfixing.
  • Erik has finished solving some grader routing issues, and is now working on group routing issues
  • Razvan is knee deep in anotation text issues
  • Alex is working on some notes bugfixes
  • Severin is having cookie issues, and is moving towards using curl as a workaround. Blog post forthcoming.

 

 

Written by Erik

October 19th, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Posted in Meetings,Minutes

MarkUs UCOSP Fall 2011 – Meeting minutes, Oct 12

without comments

  • Meeting started at 3:15 p.m. (EDT) and ended at 4:00 p.m.
  • Erik is going to do some refactoring to fix some issues with TA routes
  • Luke has been and will continue to work on errors and how they’re displayed
  • Alex had some issues with buttons looking bad next to links but he fixed that and now he’s going to work on notes
  • Razvan is working on the annotation text pages
  • Severin released 0.11.0 and is starting work on load testing

Written by lkysow

October 12th, 2011 at 5:08 pm

Posted in Meetings,Minutes

MarkUs UCOSP Fall 2011 – Meeting minutes, Oct 5

without comments

  • Meeting started at 3:15 p.m. (EDT) and ended at 3:50 p.m.
  • Everyone seems to be making good progress. Luke is working on using render instead of redirect where it makes sense, Alex fixed false passing functional tests, Razvan continues to get a better understanding of Rails and will continue to work on his bug fix. Erik has also been working on bug fixes and is learning functional tests and how code reviews fit in the picture. Severin continues with his performance analysis of MarkUs.
  • Good discussions on Review Board have been happening over the last week. Kudos to everyone participating.
  • Developers should try to fix some more Rails 3 related MarkUs bug until next week
  • Term projects will be up by next week. Everyone is free to get in touch with Karen in order to discuss details.
  • Everyone did a great job on the thoroughness of status updates. Luke’s status was a bit thin on his progress this week. He should get back to the team in order to elaborate a bit more what he has been working on this week.

Written by Severin

October 5th, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Posted in Meetings,Minutes

September 28th, 2011 Meeting Minutes

without comments

Discussed specifics of how people are progressing and gave suggestions to members who were still having trouble getting fully up and running. This included suggestions for tutorials and issues to look at that would help in the learning process.

The majority of projects that the UCOSP team will be looking at were not discussed this week except for the test framework which was discussed in broad detail only due to the fact that another team of students from Ecole Centrale de Nantes will also be working on said project throughout the term.

There was also mention of a co-op student being hired from University of Waterloo to spend a term working on the Markus project either coming winter or spring term.

Written by Razvan

September 28th, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Posted in Meetings,Minutes

September 14th, 2011 Meeting Minutes

without comments

Introduction of old members to new members.
Making sure everyone has travel arrangements for code sprint happening Sept 23rd – 25th.
Email code sprint info email will be sent out Sept 15th or 16th.

Reviewed each member’s current Rails knowledge. Advised to get familiar with Rails before the code sprint.
http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book

Review Git before coming to code sprint: http://gitcasts.com/

Reviewed each member’s progress installing MarkUs on their machines.

Tentative code sprint schedule:

  • Thursday, Sept 22nd: Nothing.
  • Friday, Sept 23rd: Meet at CS dept. (40 St. George St) room 3200 at 9am. Work until 5pm. Bring your own laptop. Going out for dinner together, will be paid.
  • Saturday, Sept 24th: Meet at CS dept. (40 St. George St) room 3200 at 9am. Work until 5pm. Bring your own laptop. Paid lunch only.
  • Plan: A tutorial will be given on Git and how we use it with MarkUs. Ideally 1 ticket closed by everyone by Sunday.

Written by akrassikov

September 14th, 2011 at 4:23 pm

Posted in Meetings,Minutes

April 7th – Wrap Up Meeting – Minutes

without comments

Danesh is currently testing the API but is a bit confused about the way that Severin tested some other API. He has been struggling with understanding shoulda functions. He also wrote a blog post containing information on the API for managing users. He would also get the information on his blog post up on the wiki.

Misa is currently waiting her review to pass.

Karen was wondering if the remark requests feature was ready to be demoed at Research In Action (RIA) showcase at the University of Toronto. However, the review request for the feature had not passed yet. Severin and Misa intend to coordinate to get the remark request feature up and running for the RIA demo.

Karel just finished classes and would be able to put in more time into Markus now. He is currently working on the functionality of deleting items and would get it done by the end of the week.

Bertan put up a review today and he is waiting for responses. Meanwhile he would be writing tests for the feature.

Tobi has been able to create a modal dialog for role switching. However, he has a problem with loading the index page of the user whom the admin is trying to assume the role of. The problem is with AJAX requests. He intends to fix the problem by tonight and would also finalize tests for the feature.

Ibrahim just finished fixing a bug in the annotation categories drag and drop. He would also be writing tests.

The UCOSP steering committee will be meeting next week to sort out most of the marks and other stuff, so Karen would like everyone to send her a note before the end of the week.

Written by Tobi

April 9th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

March 31, 2011 IRC Meeting Minutes

without comments

Before the end of the term,  everyone should email Karen a little report consisting of what you accomplished this term, the current state of your work, what you plan to do to complete it, and a self-assessment. Remember to  include links to any blog posts you wrote.

Misa will be writing a blog post about the userdocs as soon as she gets a ship it.

Karel is very busy with school, and won’t be able to work on MarkUs until after the 6th.

Yansong has stopped working on Markus for the time being. He will resume after his final exams.

Ibrahim has a bit more work to do for his drag and drop annotation categories before the end of the term.

Danesh has finished the marking state error bug and is implementing tests for the Users API.

Tobi is wrapping up the role switching item and is writing tests and implementing a modal dialog for it.

Bertan has been very busy and is working on converting ActiveRecords into YAML.

There will be two more meetings, a regular one next week and the postmortem.

There was a lot of talk about working on MarkUs after the term is over. I look forward to continuing to work with everyone staying on the project. 🙂

Written by Ibrahim

April 1st, 2011 at 1:56 am

Posted in Meetings,Minutes

March 24, 2011 IRC Meeting Minutes

without comments

General Announcements

  • Unfortunately, MarkUs not accepted as a GSoC project. But there is always next summer!
  • Karen would request for next week to have students make a detailed plan for the final steps of their projects for the remainder of the term. When do you plan to finish? What is the current status and what else do you plan to do?

Misa

  • Remark request feature is complete, waiting for ship-it.
  • Having trouble with load:results command.
  • Questions about where to put user docs. Instructed to put it on the Markus wiki with a summary on the blog which points to the wiki.

Yangsong

  • Made the new TaStat model and a bunch of new methods.
  • Waiting for comments on recent rewview request.
  • Having problem with creating groupings for students.
  • Working on creating comprehensive tests for his feature.

Ibrahim

  • Was very busy with school up until recently.
  • Almost finished with drag and drop for annotation categories.
  • Needs to test his feature to see if CSV uploads are in correct order.
  • Expects to have a review up today.

Karel

  • Worked on UI and designing logic for deleting assignments.
  • Cleared out some questions on implementation of UI and the feature itself.
  • Instructed to document work done in order to best manage having others take over when the term ends.

Danesh

  • Busy with school and didn’t have a chance to work on the project much this week.

Tobi

  • Finished working on UI and made changes according to code review.
  • Waiting for final approval of Markus Dev for Role Switching task.
  • Requests assistance with testing for Role Switching feature.

Written by Karel

March 24th, 2011 at 4:13 pm

Minutes for IRC Meeting held on 17th March, 2011

with one comment

Good News!

  • We managed to get the GSoC mentoring org application in.
  • Ishahin

  • waiting for a review on the drag and drop grade entry items
  • working on drag and dropping annotation categories
  • Tobi

  • have implemented role switching already
  • have been reading up on rails sessions
  • And trying to find out the safest strategy
  • Misa

  • will push the branch to git for review
  • will put together some documentation and a screencast for the remark request
  • Yansong

  • have problem with displaying the graph and inserte sample data into the database to test the code
  • have posted the review request
  • Danesh

  • have picked up his older issue
  • trying to figure out how to swap the state back to partial but still display the error message
  • getting an understanding of the render function
  • Bertan

  • had a meeting with Evan
  • went over the code and ran into a problem when tried to upload the YML file
  • Written by Yansong

    March 22nd, 2011 at 2:53 pm

    Posted in Meetings,Minutes